Ten Movies I Plan to Write Fic For


Trigger Warning: This post references certain problematic and/or potentially triggering literary/fandom tropes in a non-critical light.

Scooby-Doo! and the Witch's Ghost

This is easily one of my oldest favorite movies. Sure, sure, I know most people prefer Scooby-Doo! on Zombie Island to this one, but Witch's Ghost always had my heart. (And, also, I didn't have a copy of Zombie Island as a child.) I've always had a soft spot for pre-Reveal Ben Ravencroft and a huge love of the Hex Girls, and I'm lowkey shipping Velma/Ben and even Daphne/Thorn these days.

Seriously, you can probably expect to see something Daphne/Thorn from me eventually, even if it's just a drabble, and don't be shocked if I write something (possibly AU) about Velma and Ben, too!


The Road to El Dorado

I didn't discover this movie until my early teens, but I've adored it since the first time I saw it. (If I recall correctly, we watched it in sixth or seventh grade Spanish class.) Tulio/Chel/Miguel OT3, and I'm dying to write something for them at some point.

This movie is just so perfect, guys, and I cannot fucking believe it flopped when it came out. (Turns out you actually have to promote your movies, Dreamworks! You have gold in your hands, and you let it flop!)

If you haven't seen this, you need to. It's an animated film marketed for kids, but it's 100% more enjoyable when watched as a teenager or adult.


Jupiter Ascending

So, let's be clear: this was not a good movie. I have no idea what in the fuck the Wachowski sisters were thinking, but this film flopped for a reason. It was a hot mess.

But... well, see, there's this thing in the fandom that I can't get enough of. There's this pairing, and it's gross, and I kind of sort of love it in all its squicky, power-imbalanced, Oedipal glory.

Yeah. I kind of ship Jupiter/Balem. I kind of ship creepy, dubiously consensual, pseudo-incestuous femdom Jupiter/Balem.

Don't see it? That's okay; I'm sure most people don't. But for those of you whom I might be able to sway, allow me to drop a few recs:
  1. When Memories Live Again (series) by rei_c
  2. Power Play by aunt_zelda
  3. The Price of Youth: An Abrasax Eternity (series) by auri_mynonys
Just make sure you read the tags on these, guys; they're mostly NSFW, and there's smut scattered about.

Labyrinth

I'm not going to lie; I watched this as a teen specifically because I was assured David Bowie would be sexy. I was not disappointed.

I mean, let's be real here: it's not the best film. The acting is fucking weird and nonsensical at times (I'm looking at you, Jennifer Connelly), and the whole thing's pretty fucking creepy if you take a few seconds to really think about it.

But you know what? I like creepy, and I love this shit. I love the magic that Henson brings to it, I love the weird as fuck and obviously predatory dynamic between Jareth and Sarah, and I love how it's just begging to have Fair Folk mythology injected into it to make the whole thing that much more disturbing.

So yeah, I'm totally down for writing some Jareth/Sarah at some point. The creepier the better.

(And here, have an AU rec.)

Beauty and the Beast

So, um, you didn't hear it from me, but I may or may not have spotted something in the Yuletide requests that I kind of want to write. I won't tell you what it is, and I kind of doubt I'm going to have time to write anything for it before the deadline, but I'm definitely going to keep that prompt in mind.


The Princess and the Frog & Pocahontas

So, I've been getting into writing femslash lately, but since I don't really read much of it and don't really approach media with a femslash mindset most of the time, I don't have a ton of femslash ships. I've got your obvious Willow/Tara (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and a few original pairings of my own creation, but until I started stretching my creative muscles at places like femslash100 and [community profile] femslashficlets, that was about it.

Now, though, I'm actively searching for ships to add to my femslash ship list. And two that caught my eye recently were both Disney Princess ships: Charlotte/Tiana (The Princess and the Frog) and Pocahontas/Nakoma (Pocahontas).

I haven't done anything for those gals yet, but I will sooner or later! (Though I might need to refresh my knowledge of their canons first.)

Crimson Peak

This movie wasn't quite what I wanted it to be, considering how big a fan I am of del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth. But it was still an enjoyable film, and, me being me, my immediate thought upon watching it was a What If?

What if Edith hadn't fled the room when she caught Thomas and Lucille together? (i.e., what if Edith had been a bit more DTF with the creepy-ass incest/murder siblings?)

I have a problem.


Oliver and Company & The Aristocats



So, I did a thing recently. I was trying to come up with a premise for a drabble based on a femslash couple from my original fiction (Bobby White/Kim Queen, Queen Academy) and the prompt "Movie Fusion", and because I am apparently a moron, I got it in my head that I should not only fuse my original universe with a movie universe, but that I should fuse two original universes together and then fuse them with the original 'verse.

And, amazingly, it actually worked out. I ended up fusing Oliver and Company and The Aristocats with a futurefic Domestic AU of Queen Academy in which Bobby and Kim were married, Jenny (Oliver and Company) was their daughter, and the various cats were their inherited/rescued pets.

You can read the drabble here. It's tiny (a drabble's only a hundred words!), but I'm actually thinking that maybe I want to write something more substantial in that 'verse? I dunno. I'm definitely considering it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Professional Reader

Follow the Blog

Follow

follow us in feedly
© 2012 - 2017 Amara Tanith. Powered by Blogger.

Support the Blog

Amara's Eden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.